The 5 Legg's

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Going Crazy, Care to Come Along?

So, I don't have much time but I thought I should blog something, because I don't know when I will get another chance.
Christmas has hit!! I love this time of the year, I really do, don't like all the "stuff" that comes with it. The total feelings of being overwhelmed, and feeling like a chicken with it's head cut off. Totally nuts. Still don't have the tree up, need to do some grocery shopping, already sick and tired of shopping, ( I used to love to shop, not so much anymore) Parties to go to, some I am so exited to attend , others " do we really need to go" Christmas dance programs, so happy Brooklyn likes to dance, but do we really need to put a dance program in at Christmas. School programs, actually really exited for it, all three kids in one program !! Audra is so happy , she is in the school choir, and they are singing at Karcher Mall next Friday, and then at a few rest homes as well as the schools program, it is great to see her so exited about it, but it also means Mom will be attending all those things.
My concert this weekend . LOVE IT!! a bit nervous, just haven't got my music all down. Don't know what it is but I have had a hard time memorizing it all this go round. So exited for the white elephant gifts at the concert after party. Derrick and I laugh for days about those gifts.
Can't believe Porter is 7 tomorrow. Makes me a little sad.
So, concert practice last night, set up tonight , practice Thursday morning, practice Thursday night, performance Friday night, performance Saturday afternoon, party at 7:00 for R.S. party at 8:00 at Laur's . Sunday, church, gotta visit 2 wards, and Sunday night Porter's family party. What in the world was I thinking having a baby on concert weekend. Did I not think it though , that every year we would have his birthday the same week as concert. CRAZY !!
The kids are getting into the spirit of Christmas. We have been working on school Christmas boxes. They love this. We let them pick out all the stuff to put in the boxes. I think they just like knowing that they are helping a kid out. They think it is so cool. They like to try and guess who got their box. Last year Brooklyn saw a little girls about her age wearing the gloves Brooklyn had put in her box, she was convinced that little girl had gotten the box she had made.
Hope all is well with everyone. Know that I am thankful for you, and all that you do. You are loved and thought about and prayed for . Cork

2 comments:

Shandy said...

yes indeed.. Christmas has hit!
it is crazy but fun!
loved hearing about your fun filled month ahead :)

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

It was fun running into you at the library a few weeks ago. And now I stumble into your blog! How fun to catch up on your sweet family. Say Hi to Derrick for us!

Holly (9th ward)

Some of my Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones