The 5 Legg's

Friday, November 28, 2008

Gobble Gobble, Ho, Ho, Ho.

We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and that all were able to focus on the many things that we truly are blessed with. The 5 Legg's had a very nice Thanksgiving . We were able to spend some time with family on both sides as well as a little time just hanging out at home. Thanksgiving day, we had "lunch" with my side of the family. This is a time that we get to see, and visit with cousins, aunts and uncles. There are so many of us that we have to use the gym at my grandma and grandpa Loveland's church building. It is so nice to see everyone, and catch up with all of them. The kids all go up so much in a year.

After eating way to much ( those Loveland women know how to cook) we came home and started making the rolls for the Legg gathering. We got over to their house around 4:30 or so, and just hung out for a while, visiting with J.O and Bee while Brooklyn chased the grand dogs. Bee and J.O. have 5 cute and energetic dogs: Gunner and Paris ( both pugs, and parents to our Spazzy Jazzy) they are also bother and sister ( that explains A Lot about our dog)Tanker is a Basset , Dixie and Trigger are both Bull dogs. When Bee and J.O. come to visit our Brooklyn is in 7th heaven. I think we have a vet in the making. Anyway, grandpa made some yummy ham and we had a great meal, and just chilled out at their house.

This morning Derrick ( yes you read correctly) Derrick went shopping. For any of you who know Derrick very well, you know that he does NOT like to shop, but as I have said before I have an incredible husband. I was willing to go, but he felt that as he would be leaving me though out the day ( Broncos last game) I should get as much sleep as I could, and although it was a kind thought, when he got up at 4:30 , so did I . I tried for about an hour to go back to sleep, and finally gave in and took some Tylenol P.M. ( note: if any one needs that extra hour or two of sleep, best to do it an your own. I walked around like a zombie most of today) So... Derrick went shopping. He found some great deals, on a few things, but just not much that was on our kids wish list.

This afternoon we pulled out the Christmas stuff. I think we will start the tree tomorrow, so if you see me Sunday, I may have war wounds from our tree. That brings us to " the Tree" Like the lights I like the tree " just so" that is why we have 2 trees. One in the living room, that the kids call " Mommy's tree" and one in the family room that is the family tree. I spend hours and hours putting the lights on the tree, and decorating it, till I think it is just right. Crazy yes, but also SO satisfying for me. The family tree we do all together, and to tell the truth it is a lot funner. We play Christmas music and sing along and talk about past Christmases. It is such a blessing to be a family.


We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and that you are felling loved and appreciated. I am thankful for you, and for the person that you are. Please remember that you are loved.

P.S. Pics and info on trees to come.

1 comment:

Heather Leigh said...

Corla- I love your tree! When we finish our basement maybe we'll have a kids tree too. This year, I got to do it (last year the kids did). When Ryleigh tried to help McKenzi said, "You don't understand, this is Mom's job". I gave Kade and Ryleigh a few ornaments but they soon lost interest.

Ryleigh did get Sarah and Brooklyn's message on her birthday. We were out all day and the next two with family (Twilight, football games, etc.). Sorry we didn't call back...my fault. Love and miss your family!! Tell Derrick nice job on the lights!! Brian keeps blowing fuses and is at his wits end with ours. I try not to say anything...but our neighbor across the street mentioned something at church yesterday...I just turned away and giggled. He'll get it...let's hope it's by Christmas. tee hee!

Some of my Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones