The 5 Legg's

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sweet Stuff

This past weekend we had a bunch of sweet things happen.

On Saturday, Derrick ( my AWESOME husband ) put the Christmas lights up on the house. This is a hard job for anyone, but poor Derrick has to put up with me " nicely" shouting up at him, just to let him know what lights need to be straightened and pulled tight. Derrick had been at it for about half an hour or so , when Brooklyn decided she wanted to help. She is the dare devil of the kids and also LOVES to help us with whatever we are doing.So, before I go any further I need to tell you all of Brooklyn and the Christmas lights.

While I was in the hospital, after I had Porter, Derrick ask if he could do something to help me with Christmas preparations. I ask him to put the lights up on the house. As we pulled up to the house a few days later , I noted that the lights were on the house in an interesting way. ( yes I like the lights just so) Instead of saying anything ( didn't want to hurt Derrick's feelings) I decided that as soon as he went back to work , and Audra was back at school, I would fix the lights.

Two days later life went back to somewhat normal, and Derrick was of to work, and Audra was back at school. ( yes I was going crazy, I wanted the lights fixed!!) So, I bundled myself up, got the baby monitor( both Brooklyn and Porter were fast asleep in their cribs) and hicked myself up onto the roof. I had left the front door a tiny bit open, just in case , and I went into the house every 15 minutes or so to check on the kids. Anyway, I was just about finished when I hear my sweet Brooklyn's voice say " Mama what ya doing" ( Brooklyn was 2 , almost 3) At first I thought I was hearing her on the baby monitor, but as I turned around there she stood, on the pitch of our roof. ( laugh or scream now) A sense of panic swept over me, I wanted to run, and make sure she was O.K., but I didn't want her to freak out( even if I was) so as calmly as I could I walked over to her , and picked her up, and ask her " how did you get up here?" she pointed to the ladder and says, I went up the stairs. My little baby had gotten out of her crib. ( something she had never done before) and come out the front door, and climbed up a 12 foot ladder. I learned a few things that day. Standing in the front yard " nicely shouting" directions at my husband is a much safer way to put up the lights. Brooklyn can and will do anything if she doesn't know it is dangerous. Brooklyn is NOT afraid of heights, and going down a 12 foot ladder is A Lot harder if you are holding a 2 year old.

So, this Saturday as Brooklyn climbed out the window to help Derrick, a rush of memories came. She amazes me !! How is it that she can't seem to walk a straight line down on the ground, but she can keep her balance on the roof. She and Derrick had been working on the lights for about an hour or so when Porter decided he wanted to help. He did great for about 45 minutes or so, and then he wanted back on solid ground. So, the lights are up, and they look GREAT !!


Saturday morning Derrick went out with Audra for a church activity . All the youth met and divided up into groups to go into different neighborhoods to pass out Book of Mormons.The Wednesday before they had glued a piece of paper into the Book of Mormons , with their testimonies on them. I was blessed with a spoon full of the Lords tender mercies that day. I was blessed enough to be the one to help Audra type her testimony. For those who know Audra, you know that she doesn't know how to lie, so when she says she knows the gospel is true ,she KNOWS. When she says that she knows that Christ atoned for all of our sins, she KNOWS. When she says that she Loves our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ, she LOVES them. What a blessing to have such a sweet and simple testimony. She is so innocent and so pure. I pray that she will stay this way, that she will be protected for the evils of this world. I pray for all my kids, that angels will guide them and protect them, from this world.

Anyway, we had a great weekend, and start of the week. Yesterday, Porter had a Thanksgiving program at school. SO cute. They all had lines to say, and sang all these cute songs. He was so great up there singing and flapping his arms around like a bird. Made Mom so proud. ( Thanks to Grandma Legg and Grandpa Loveland for coming, it meant a lot to Porter and me.)

Audra and I have been working on this big project for school. ( More info, and pictures to come) She is so exited about this game project. It's nice to work with her on it.

O.k. I think I have taken up enough of your time. I hope everyone has a great rest of the week. Please remember that you are loved, and that I am thankful for all you do.

5 comments:

Alli said...

We drove by your house yesterday and noticed your PERFECT Christmas lights!! They are so straight and will look gorgeous as always. Brooklyn is one amazing chica! So glad she didn't fall off the roof!

Lynette said...

Wow, that crazy Brooklyn!!! That would have about scared me to death too! Glad she was able to help Derrick! Glad it was her and NOT me!!!

Sounds like your kids are all doing GREAT! What a sweet lil girly Audra is! Just love that girl! She is lucky to have you and you are lucky to have her! What a great match!

Great post!!!! Made my eyes all swimmy!!!

KeNzI said...

Wonderful...absolutly wonderful!!
The puppy is great she has recently learnded sit and come!!
we are not coming down for Christmas, but we are going down before new years eve MAYBE!!

Shandy said...

that is quite the story of brooklyn! yikes! scary!!!!!
and the lights look awesome!

The Perry's said...

I loved that story! It was so funny and scary. I was laughing while I was reading it but I would have just DIED, just DIED if I were you. Good job keeping control. Where is the "major award"?

Some of my Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones