The 5 Legg's

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Trick or Treat

We hope that all had a great Halloween, and that all of you are doing well.

For us, Halloween was a lot different than we have ever had. Audra went to her first Halloween party.( she went as Dorothy, from the Wizard of OZ.) She did great !! Thanks to the Smith family for having such a fun, cool party. Audra was so funny. She wanted to go to the party, but was not so sure about the whole boy/girl party. She finally decided that she would try it out, but just for 1 hour. The timer started as soon as she got out of the car, and the timer get off just as we pulled up to the house to pick her up. Guess what , She had a great time. We were so proud of her. She is growing up way to fast for my liking, and it is hard to find that line of protecting her, and letting her go. We are working on it.The fallowing day she went to a friends birthday party. Five of the girls from her school, went and saw High School Musical 3, and then went out for pizza. Audra had a great time !! We feel so blessed to have her in the school she is in. It is a tight group of kids. All the kids know each other, and they take care of one another. Audra has made great friends at school. These girls love Audra just the way she is, and they treat her with love and respect. I LOVE IT , and am so grateful for the school.


Brooklyn had a great time on her first official trick or treat. After a quick stop at Grandma and Grandpa Loveland's, and running a few errands , we were off and running. We hit all the houses in our neighborhood, and then walked down the road, and got a bunch more. After taking Audra to the party, we headed to some of the people in our wards houses. After picking Audra up, we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Legg's. It was fun to watch Brooklyn ( all dressed up, like a medieval princess) run from house to house. She was way into it. She liked to see all the houses decorated. She and Porter only got scared once. ( this creepy guy, dressed up all in black , with glowing red eyes.) All in all a great time was had. Brooklyn is doing great in school. The reading group she is in has already helped her so much. She has made some good friends at school, but still misses and loves her friends at her old school. The girls didn't have school on Halloween day, and so when I went to help in Porter's harvest party, Brooklyn went down to Mrs. Fly's class and was able to hang out with some of her friends. She was so exited to see them all.


Porter was our mighty protector, all dressed up like Indiana Jones. We got him this "whip" that played the theme song from the movie when you press a button. Lets just say, that I have heard that song enough to last me a life time. He did great trick or treating ,for about half and hour, and then he wanted to go home. It took him a bit, to get back into it, but he came around , and by the time it was time to go home, he didn't want to. He loved swinging his "whip" around , pressing the music button , and having people tell him what a great Indiana Jones he made. ( this is funny to me, because Porter has never seen any of the movies, yet he played the part SO will.) Porter is doing well in school. We are still waiting for him to get into the same school as the girls. Hopefully that will happen soon.


Derrick is doing great at his new job. He is learning so much, and his new boss is happy with what he is doing. We feel so blessed that he has this opportunity. We know of a lot of folks that have lost their jobs or have been laid off. We recognize what a blessing it is to have a job, and are truly thankful, for both of his jobs.


As for me, today I am officially 36 years old. I had a hard time at 30,and I think 40 will be hard, but really it's just another day to be thankful that I am here, that I have been so blessed to have the gospel, to know who I am , and that the plan of happiness is real. I am so thankful for my dear husband and best friend. I recognize how blessed I am to be a mother to 3 of our Father in Heavens greatest spirit children. I am truly blessed to be as healthy as I am, and to live in a free country ( even if I am not happy with the presidential outcome. Isn't it great that we live in a country where we have the privilege to vote) I am thankful for those men and women who have fought so hard to keep our freedom, and payed the ultimate price. I am thankful to have true friends who love me in spite of all the dumb things I say and do. I love ya !!
To all out there who may read this, please know that I am thankful for you, and for all the things that you do. We are all truly blessed to have each other in our lives.

Have a great and wonderful day !!

5 comments:

SILLYA said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
(I echo everything you said in the last paragraph--we truly do live in a great country-- despite the choices some people make!)

KeNzI said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO U!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO U HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SISTER LEGG...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO U!!!
Hope u have a great b-day!!!!
bytheway...cutter likes the new puppy, but get's really annoyed by her cuz she jumps all over him!!

Unknown said...

Hey lady, I just thought I should wish you a happy birthday! I hope it was a good one, and I am sure with your family and friends, it was.

Alli said...

I hope you had a fabulous day celebrating YOU!

Shandy said...

oh HAPPY (belated)BIRTHDAY!!!
sounded like Halloween was a great time for all! :) loved all the photos!

Some of my Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones