The 5 Legg's

Monday, October 27, 2008

Watch Out Here I Come

In our neighborhood, skate boards, and scouters are a big thing. Most of our neighbors have ramps that someone built for them to practice tricks on.

Porter has been asking us for his own practice ramp for a few weeks, and we have been putting him off. Deciding that Derrick and I were not responding to his request fast enough, Porter took it to the one man he knows can do anything, and make anything, Grandpa Loveland.

All it took was Porter asking grandpa to make him a ramp so he can practice his tricks on his ( spider man ) scouter, and grandpa was off and going. Within a week Porter had his own personal ramp. Grandpa Loveland loves projects.

The ramp is just right for Porter. Just high enough that he can get a bit of air, and get that butterfly in the stomach feeling, but not high enough to hurt him, or make him scared.

I am not sure why ( maybe because it is new) but Porter's ramp has become the ramp that everyone wants to play on. He and Brooklyn have loved having everyone over, even as it drives Mom and Audra up the wall.



Audra has found peace from all the noise, up in her room, deeply enthralled in her Harry Potter books. She is on the last book, so if anyone has a suggestion of another good series of books that she could start on, I am open to those suggestions. The only series she has said , she " doesn't want to read right now, but maybe when she is older" is the Twilight series. She's not into the "love stuff" yet.



The kids are all exited for Halloween, Audra is going to dress up as Dorothy, from the wizard of OZ. She isn't going trick or treating ,but will attend her first Halloween party , and then she has agreed to pass out candy at the house. Brooklyn, is going as a medieval princess. She and Porter a exited to go trick or treating for real. They have never gone house to house. I'm not sure they have been missing out on anything , but they are exited non the less.



Derrick is working hard, ( what else is new) he still likes his new job, and is learning so much. Church is keeping him busy as well, but he loves to serve and is learning so much from our good bishop.



Me, well I think I am finally getting over the flu. I am back on my feet, and on the move. The other day I had something funny and sad happen. I had gone to pick Porter up from school, and remembered that I needed to go in and talk to one of the teachers. So as I went in I offered to give Porter a piggy back ride ( not because he was tired , and not because he needed one) just because I still can, and we have a fun time as I run or skip, or try and pinch his bum. So, anyway we were walking down the hall at his school, and one of the teachers made a comment about Porter being to old for a piggy back, and that " he isn't a baby anymore" . I tryedto not look shocked at her comment and the tone in which she said it, but in the end I know she new I was not happy. I told her that as long as my son was small enough to give a piggy back to, I would be happy to do it. It is a way that he and I play, and we both enjoy it. Needless to say she was shocked, and a little taken back. I didn't mean to offend her, but after some thought, I have decided I would do the same thing again. I have also thought, of how sad it is that a teacher or anyone for that reason would question the love shown by as simple act of a piggy back ride, and the desire to laugh and have fun with my son.

Here is the fact( according to me) Kids are forced to grow up way to fast in this society, and as long as I can still play with my kids, I Will !! If I could still put Audra on my back, I would. She is to big, I have excepted that I can't have that kind of play with her anymore. Brooklyn is just about there. The time will come that I won't be able to do that with Porter , and I will miss it, so I choose to cherish this time, and to play with him whenever and however I can.


We hope and pray that you are all well, please remember that you are loved, and I am thankful for all you do.

3 comments:

Shandy said...

kudos to grandpa for making a ramp! woohoo!!
sounds like halloween will be fun for the Legg family! (we went hosue to house for the first time last year and the boys thought it was the bees knees - LOL)
and sorry about that meanie teacher comment about Porter and the piggy back... you're right! keep giving them unti he's too big and then he can give YOU piggy backs - heheheh

Unknown said...

You're a good mom. Don't forget it. One of the Warrior mom's Jenny McCarthy talks about on Oprah and in her book.

Heather Leigh said...

Way to go Corla! I agree about them growing up too fast. Our kids need us to play with them...our time to do so is so fleeting.
Also, congrats to the kids on the ramp. What a great grandpa!

Some of my Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones