The 5 Legg's

Monday, October 13, 2008

The GREAT Pumpkin

Hi to all,
We hope that you had a great week and weekend.
The 5 Legg's are doing just great. We spent Saturday at " The Berry Ranch." We had promised the kids that we would go last weekend between the conferece seseons, but it raind most of that day, this time there was no getting out of it. Neither, rain, wind or cold could keep us from our appointed destination.
Even with the bad weather we had a fun time. It was great to run though the pumpkin patches to find just the right one. Derrick and I tried to convince the kids that we just needed one BIG pumpkin. ( They wouldn't go for it) I think we found one of the biggest pumpkins I have ever seen. (you can't see the whole pumpkin in the pictures, I am telling you this thing was huge)
Anyway, after a cold hay ride to and from the pumpkin fields, and petting the pigs and sheep, and a quick run thought the hay maze, we headed home for some hot chocolate to " defrost our bones" Audra said.
Saturday night was spent watching B.S.U. win yet again. ( GO, Go, GO, big Blue) We went to Kari and Kaiana Hoopii's house ( my cousin and her husdand ) and hung out with them and Steve and Lynee. We had great food, great conversation, and watched a great game. The kids got along so well. At one point in the night they had 3 kids inside the dogs cage. Oh, the things kids come up with to entertain themselfs.

I posted some pictures of my folks and I duing apples last Monday. It took us all morning and into the afternoon to get them all finished, but it was worth it. The apple souce is so yummy.
I forgot to say, that on Friday, we were able to have a baby shower for one of our old babysitteres. ( you know you are getting old when your babysitters are having babies.) The kids got a chance to go out, and pick a few pumpkins from Grandpa Leggs patch.
All in all I guess you could say we had a pumpkin filled weekend. We hope all are well, and know how much we are thankful for all you do.

6 comments:

SILLYA said...

Sounds like a great time! and the Apples-- yummy!

JeNeale said...

I LOVE the pumpkin patch ride! We're taking Jensen out next week to pick out our perfect pumpkins. This is so my favorite time of year. And congrats on the applesauce. You're better than I!

Shandy said...

WOOOHOOO for fun time at the pumpkin patch! great pics and that IS a huge pumpkin!!

Heather Leigh said...

Sounds like fun! Grandma Legg's is always a good time :) I'll have to show the pics to the kids, they miss yours terribly!

KeNzI said...

yeah, I'll e-mail you the directions!!!!

kenzi

Anonymous said...

Hey you. . .it's fun to read up on your family. I'm hoping to get to some applesauce this week- any good advice?? It's fun to see you guys around! Love ya

Some of my Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones