The 5 Legg's

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Saddler Day at the Legg's


Last night Heather called, Brian had a few things he needed to do here in Idaho, and she wanted to see if Kade and Ryleigh could come hang out at our house for a few hours . She didn't even need to finish her sentence. I was so happy to have them, and Porter and Brooklyn were in 7Th heaven. Then I had the idea of trying to have a birthday party for Ryleigh. So her birthday isn't for another month, but the 3 amigas have not had a birthday away from one another for 6 years.
I had it all planned out, we left at 10:00 a.m. got the cake, the presents, the balloons, and by 11:00 we were picking up the pizzas. I thought I would have time to set everything up before they got here. I was wrong. Darn that Brian, he must drive fast( Ha, Ha) Anyway we got home shortly after they got here. Ryleigh was still surprised. Kade, Porter, Brooklyn and Ryleigh played outside , had pizza, and just got caught up on what is going on in there lives.
After Sarah got to the house, the party really started, they played outside a little longer, then it was time for cake and ice cream, and opening presents.
I have now seen what a little to much sugar and a new Jonas Brothers C.D. can do to three 8 year old girls. Our family room became a disco room. It was so great to see the 3 amigas having so much fun together. Heather, thanks so much for letting them come, and Brian , thanks so much for bringing them.
Porter and Kade did great, like always.
The boys rode bikes, ran around, jumped on the tramp, and played trains, pet shops, and pirates. I don't think they ever stopped talking. They just had so much to say to each other.
I thought I would share some pics of the girls and boys. These kids have been friends for years, they love each other and take care of each other. Through the changes of life, these kids will have each others back. What a great thing to have in this day and age. We love you guys, and are so thankful for all our good friends

5 comments:

Heather Leigh said...

What can I say? Thx again for letting the kids crash in today! I was not exaggerating when I said that the kids could not go to sleep last night but I've NEVER seen three kids (McKenzi included...thanks Judy and MeKayla!!) get up so bright eyed at 5 am! I knew there was a reason we are all so homesick, who could blame us with great friends like you guys to miss...you're my HERO!

JeNeale said...

Sounds like a fun day. The craziest thing was seeing pictures of Ryleigh! Wow! I guess I haven't seen her in a long time. It's awesome to have such great friends. Tell Heather and Brian hello for me. I miss seeing them around.

JeNeale said...

HEY! You got your playlist on your blog. I knew you could do it. :)

Alli said...

I'm so grateful Sarah has the friends that she does! I'm sure she'll ask Brooklyn and Ryleigh to be her bridesmaids - (won't that be a trip!). Anyway, love ya.

Shandy said...

oh what a fun time!
I totally busted up at your comment of (3) 8 year olds hyped up on sugar and a new Jonas Bro. CD -- LOL hehehheh

Some of my Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones