The 5 Legg's

Monday, October 20, 2008

Do flu shots work for real

A few weeks ago I got my flu shot. Since then I have strep throat twice and now I have the flu. So, I am just wondering do flu shots really work. It seems that every year I go in and get my flu shot, a few weeks later I have the flu. Isn't getting a flu shot supposed to help you, "not" get the flu. Maybe I am wrong on this one. The flu shot helps my husband and my kids stay well,unfortunately it doesn't do me any good.
I do not like being sick. I seem to be tired all the time, and things fall apart. I am blessed with an incredible husband, who does his best, and my kids are awesome at doing their part, but when I can't do the things I normally do, I go a little nuts. What usually happens is that I get sick and tired of being " sick and tired" and I make myself get up, and do all the things I have fallen behind on, as well as all the normal things I do. Then I pay for it for the next few days, and then the cycle repeats.
I know it's crazy, I just can't sit around and be sick. Mom says it's because I'm my Dads daughter, and Dad said it's because I'm my Mothers daughter. I love this time of year, I just don't like how ill I tend to get .

O.k. so I am finished complaining.

No big news on the Legg front.

Derrick is working hard. He likes his new job, and is learning so much.

Audra, is doing great. She is going through her classes at school with no modifications. That just means that she is doing all the stuff all the other kids are doing. She is holding her own. She would be getting straight A's if we put the modifications in place, but she is able to do "normal" work, and still pull B's and C's. So we are going to let her keep on that track.

Brooklyn, is doing well. We put her in an after school reading group. They meet every Monday for an hour. She likes it a lot. It is helping her make up for the terrible year she had last year. Our family is working on memorizing" My Gospel Standards" Brooklyn almost has them all down. She is such a sweet girl.

Porter, is so funny. His school is having red ribbon week this week. Today was wear your favorite hat day. This morning I totally forgot, I only remembered when I saw Porters teacher at the door wearing a cowboy hat. I ask Porter which hat he would like me to bring him, and he wanted his red top hat.
Here is the deal, last Christmas Porter decided that he wanted to be a magician. His biggest wish for Christmas was a top hat " all magicians have to have a top hat" he said. So I started looking around for top hats. They aren't to hard to find, but a "Red " top hat is. I looked just about everywhere I could think of , and then one day after doing some shopping at Dessert Book Derrick happened to walk down to check out another store, as he was walking he passed the Jokers Wield store, and guess what. You guessed it , there in the window was a RED TOP HAT.
Can I just say, it was so weird and uncomfortable to walk into that store, much less to by something in that store. But what were we to do. Needless to say, Porter LOVES is red top hat.
It's a one of a kind. I don't know any other 6 year old boys with a red top hat. You gotta love him.
We hope everyone has a great week. Remember that you are loved, and that we appreciate all that you do.

Love, The 5 Leggs
P.S. I Know the picture of Porter isn't so great.
I want a new camera for Christmas, so I can take better pictures. Anyone have suggestions on a good camera that wont cost us an arm and a leg.

6 comments:

JeNeale said...

Tell Porter he rocks that red top hat! What a stud. I love a kid with self-confidence.

I'm not convinced the flu shots work. I think it's just luck when one doesn't get the flu since there are about a billion strains of flu and the shot only covers a miniscule percentage of them. Sorry you are feeling so crappy. Good thing you have pumpkin rolls to eat! I say, eat up! You can always make some more!

Heather Leigh said...

I agree with Jeneale. I'm not convinced they work but...since Windex works on zits (so I've heard) it stands to reason that pumpkin should work on the flu hee hee. Let me know!

Shandy said...

I've never had a flu shot - and haven't had the flu in years!
so sorry you've been down with the sickies!! :(
Very cool updates on everyone and love the story of the red top hat!

Adam and Sherri said...

Hello!! I am glad that you found us!! Looking through all of your pictures I am amazed at how big all of the kids are!! Where has time gone?! Sherri and I are going to try and make it down to the Idaho / Oregon area sometime next year so hopefully we will get to see you all before too long!! Also, I think the red top hat is pretty awesome.

So Calif Newbs said...

I just discovered I had your blog spot as one post and so I never saw your other posts - lame! I have fixed and read all the updates - keep them coming I love keeping up with your family.

Love Ya!

Aunt Kelly & Family

Kris said...

Corla Legg! I love blog stalking and finding old friends. You guys sound like you're doing great. It will be fun to follow you guys. And buy the way I totally think flu shots are bogus.

Some of my Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones