The 5 Legg's

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Told ya it was NUTS

This last week was NUTS!!We had such a fun, and busy week that it is hard to know where to start. The most important event of the week was Porter's birthday party. He turned 7 on the 4th , but with that being concert week, we waited to celebrate until the following Sunday. Porter and his cousin Kaden share a birthday, and this year we celebrated their birthdays together. We had a cake, all decorated in the blue and orange football field. The boys loved it. Porter had a great time with his cousins , aunt and uncles, grandmas and grandpas. We are truly so blessed to have almost all of our families live so close. It is such a blessing in our lives.Porter was just a little exited to get a new scooter. ( it works great on the ramp grandpa made him) I can't believe he is 7. He is such a sweet, soft hearted little man. He bring such joy, and laughter into our lives. We are so blessed the our Father in Heaven has given us the opportunity to be his parents. What a blessing!!

On Monday I headed out to one of the many field trips of the week. Audra's class, along with the 8th grade went to see " A Christmas Carol". We had a great time watching the play, and especially watching my brother LaMont and his wife Kea, and 3 of their 4 kids act , sing and dance. I screamed for them at the end and totally embarrassed Audra ( isn't that my job, as her Mom.)

Tuesday I had the blessing of helping serve lunch at the Salvation Army. I LOVE to go and help. It brings me such joy. My companion and I went Visiting Teaching after, and were able to help one of the sisters we visit. I am so thankful for the opportunities to serve.

Wednesday was Porter's day off. I am a Mom that believes that kids can and do get just as overwhelmed and overworked as we grownups do, so every once in a while a day off is needed. So, on Wednesday Porter had a day off from school. He got to sleep in, take a long bath ( after I gave him a hair cut) We played Indiana Jones, built train tracks, played on the computer, and went and had lunch with Daddy . After lunch we went to the park. ( I can't believe it is December and we can still go to the park) It was a great time for us. Totally a Porter day, nothing to big, just some good quality time with Mom and Dad. That night Audra went caroling . She had such a good time.She finds such joy in music, and I was so happy that she wanted to go, and that she had a good time.

Thursday, I subbed in Brooklyn's class. Need I say more.That night Derrick had his first meeting for his new calling. ( for those who may not know, Derrick was called as the 1st counselor in the stake young men's presidency.) He is exited , but sad to leave is calling as ward clerk. He has loved working with the men in the bishopric, and has such a great love for our bishop. He will miss that calling, but is exited to serve in the young men organization. We have already hit our first little snag. We found out that girls camp and Apex are on the same week. Don't know how we are going to work that out. It would be great if Audra could do girls camp without Mom, but she made it very clear, that if I don't go she won't go. So I guess we are going to have to figure that out, and like I said earlier, I am SO thankful we have family so close. Brooklyn, had dance practice that night as well. She got her costume for the upcoming recital. She is just a little EXITED. She is such a sweet girl. It is fun, yet very hard to see her grow up. She is such a help to me. She looks like me, but has so many of Derricks attitudes. She is a calming force, a real peace maker.

Friday was Audra's choir field trip. originally they were going to go on Thursday, but had to move things around . They went to Karcher Mall, and sang Christmas carols,had lunch, and did some shopping. I was in charge of a group of 5 girls ( including Audra) I know I have said this before, but I Love this school. The girls in our group included Audra in the conversation. They ask her questions and opinions. They sat with her at lunch , and she LOVED it . I was so happy I was there. They are good girls, and they truly like Audra. It's not one of those things that they just stand by her, or look at her funny when she says or does something "out of the norm" When she does do something , they just go along with it, they don't judge her. We feel so blessed that she has that feeling of acceptance. After llunch, we went over to Karcher Estates and sang for some of the residence . What a great experience for the kids. We all had a laugh as the fire alarm went off as they were caroling in the halls.

Friday night we went ornament shopping. This is a tradition in our family. Every year we all get a new Christmas ornament. I is so interesting to see what ornaments the kids are going to pick. Every year as we pull them out to put on the tree the kids love to see, and remember where and when they got different ornaments.


O.k. I think that covers most of the goings on of our little family. So, as I said in my little song ( see blog entry below) I don't see how in the world the doctor thinks I am going to "chill out".
I did get some new meds, and they haven't made me sick"yet". I am so thankful to live in a place and time where I can go see a doctor, and have access to medicine. What a blessing to have good family and friends who help me, and love me. I am truly blessed to have an awesome husband who is my true eternal help mate. Shingles hurt, and it is not a lot of fun, but it could be so much worse.

Please remember that you are loved, and that I am So thankful for you, and all that you do. Love ya, Cork

2 comments:

Alli said...

I'm glad Audra has found such a great group of friends - she will definitely bless their lives more than they will know! Have a great Christmas tonight and enjoy the food!

Shandy said...

dude! that is one heck of a week!!
how awesome are you to have let the kids have a "day off" and and then just devote all your time on them! L.O.V.E. that!!!

oh, also liked all the photos in your slideshow up top :) too cute!

Some of my Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones