The 5 Legg's

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"Holy Crap"

Life for the 5 Legg's has been a bit crazy( that is putting nicely)

We just survived another concert week, and weekend. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband, who is so supportive of me . He is so great!!!
Concert was great!!! If you didn't come to see it, you missed out. We had a wonderful time, and the group has never danced and moved the way we did this concert. I was able to play Tracy ( from Hairspay) and had a fun time !!!

Church callings have been busy (that is an understatement) We ( the stake R.S. presidency, as well a Derrick, and Brother Thurgood) had the opportunity of feeding some of the brethren dinner on Sunday. What a neat experience it was to feel the spirit, and to speak with them, and learn from them!!

Derrick is hard at work collecting money for Boise Cascade, and helping folks at Target. He is also working really hard at his calling. He is preparing for Fathers and Sons this weekend ( he is in charge of one of the activities) He is also working on A.P.E.X. for the young men. He is in charge of planning and preparing 2 days worth of meals. Normally this would not scare me in the least, the only problem is that they will not be camping in a place that has a kitchen. With that said, we are VERY blessed that my Dad has 2 big camp grills, each with 2 burners. Between that an dutch ovens I think they will be fine.

Audra is doing GREAT!! She recently went to choir festival , and did very well. She is preparing for the big R.A.D. concert , and has done so well in school. She and her friend Lindsey have been working hard on a project for their class, and it has been fun to watch them become even better friends. Audra is becoming quite the missionary, as she has given a Book of Mormon to one of the boys in her class, and continues to ask Lindsey to come to Y.W. with her. We are so proud of her. She recently got her report card , and did Awesome!!

Brooklyn, is also doing well. She has worked so hard in school, and we can all see how much she has improved. She took her math I.S.A.T last week and did very well. ( I am not a believer in test, but it was nice to see on paper, how hard our Miss Brooklyn is working) She has become the "birthday queen" She has gone to 6, yes 6 birthday parties in the last 3 weeks. She is our social butterfly, and is SO kind to everyone. She sets such a good example for all that are around her. She has not been well the last few days ( just a cold) but seems to be getting better. We have found a new place for her to take dance( clogging). She will start in the summer, with a summer camp, just to get her back into the mix, and to learn some new steps. She is so exited. She went with me to Winco the other day, and danced (clogged) through the hole store. SO CUTE!!!

Port man is also doing well. He is SO funny, and just full of personality. He has made some good friends at school. Lacota and he have become pals. They and a few other boys play "get away from the girls" almost every recces.
Porter is the map maker and lookout. He draws maps of the playground, and marks the best "hiding places" so that he and the other boys can hide form the girls. ( the good part, is that the girls have NO idea that these boys are playing this game, and that they are trying to hide from them) So anyway, as soon as they go out to recces the boys all meet, and decide where they will hide and who will be the "lookout". The lookout stands up on top of the play equipment and watches the girls to make sure they don't get to close to the other boys. If the girls get to close, the lookout is supposed to yell at the top of his lungs , the secret code, to let the other boys know to run to the next hiding place.
Picture this, my sweet Porter, standing on the play equipment waving his arms and screaming at the top of his lungs, " holy crap,holy crap,holy crap!!! Yes you read correctly " HOLY CRAP" was the code word that day. We have laughed about that for weeks.

When things are crazy, or just not going well, we ( Derrick and I ) just look at each other , and say " Holy Crap" and it makes us laugh every time.

So, I have been dealing with shingles again. The doctor has put me on a BUNCH of medicine, most of which make me feel sick. Our hope is that I can stay "clean" for 3 months( I am on the meds for 1 month, so I only have to stay "clean" by myself for 2 months) then I can have the vaccine, and hopefully never have to deal with this again." Holy Crap" it could be worse. It's not fun, but I will take it , and count myself as blessed that it is not worse, and that even though my body gets sick, and is far from perfect, I have a body, and I know who gave it to me, so I'm just going be thankful for what I have.

We hope everyone is well, that you choose to be happy, and that you know how thankful we are for you, and for all that you do.

2 comments:

JeNeale said...

The pictures are great! I need to get copies, so can you e-mail them to me? You did a wonderful job on your songs and dancing. What a fun weekend. And I agree that Derrick's a terrific guy -- almost as great as Brent. :) Love you guys!

Marisa said...

That is too funny: "holy crap."

I realized that I have to be careful because I now have a little parrot who said, "oh tdwap" the other day. :)

I hope you're feeling better -- I didn't know you were going through all of that! It was great to see you the other day.

Some of my Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones