The 5 Legg's

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Kids Day 2009

So every year for the last 5 years we have had "Kids Day". We usually have it during spring break, and our kids look forward to it.
On kids day, the kids decide what we are going to do. So this year we went to the Train Depot in Nampa, to Golden Corral to eat, the zoo, the mall, Cabela's, Red Robbin. Then we rented "Bolt" and watched it. This has become a fun day for our family to hang out and do things that fun for all of us.
At the Train Depot we got an extra special treat. One of the ladies that works there took us out onto a caboose . Porter was in seventh heaven. We went had lunch at Golden Corral ( not my favorite, but the kids LOVE it)
We then headed to the Zoo. The new part of the zoo, was really fun. Most of the animals were inside, or had been moved because of the cold weather, but we still had a great time.

Then it was off to the Mall. One of Brooklyn favorite places ( not that we go there a lot) She just loves to shop, and she is a smart shopper. She takes her time, and checks prices. We hit her favorite store, Claire's and then met Derrick and the other kids at the Disney Store. We have added 4 new stuffed animals. ( Like we needed anymore. Audra LOVES stuffed animals.)

We then headed to Red Robbin to have dinner ( yes ,that means I didn't have to cook, lunch or dinner. I love kids day)

After dinner we went to Cabela's to see the fish. They had these cool " pop guns" there was no way we could get out of that store without a few of those. Porter and Brooklyn ran around pretending to shoot all the animals. The funniest was Audra. She wanted to try one of the pop guns, but didn't want anyone to see her. So funny !! She would walk around the main display, and look both ways to make sure no one was watching her, and then shoot. She had this look, of " guilty pleasure" in her eyes. So blasted cute and funny, we couldn't help but laugh out loud.

After hunting all those wield"stuffed" animals, we were all ready to relax, so we rented " Bolt " and headed home to chill.

All in all, a GREAT kids day!!! We feel so blessed to have such wonderful kids. They are such a blessing to us. Each of them is different, but each is so GREAT.

Hope you all have a great week. Remember that you are loved, that I am thankful for who you are, and what you do. Choose to be happy.

3 comments:

JeNeale said...

Kids day! Enjoy it while the kids are young, I'm telling you, because when I ask my teenage girls what they would like to do, it is either go to the mall or "nothing," or I don't know. I guarantee it's never the train depot or the zoo. Usually just turns out to be a Jensen day if we are doing those kinds of things. Sigh.

You have very fun kids who have wonderful parents. It is a blessed life you lead. :)

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Oh how fun. Maybe we will "steal" your kids day idea. My boys love IHOP and it's not my favorite, but I go for them. And, my guys love Cabela's. J loves all those animals and Alan and E love the guns. I go along because I love them!

Your cookies were delicious by the way...

Marisa said...

I love this idea! I'm going to snag it and we'll have to do it this summer sometime. And, I'll have to not be lazy about it! Do you let them each pick one place? You had a very busy day!!

Some of my Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones