The 5 Legg's

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Been a Bit

It's been a while sense I blogged. No excuses .

Derrick and I have both been very busy . Ward conferences have been going on the last couple of months. Derrick was able to go to our ward last Sunday, and said "it was like going home" It is so nice to visit other words, and learn from others that you usually are not around, but there is something about going to your own ward. It reminds me of the Cheers song ( sad analogy, I know) " Sometime you want to go , where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came."

The Stake R.S. program was GREAT !!! ( at least I thought it was) I don't think we could have had a better speaker. The food was perfect, and I think everyone had a good time, and left feeling enriched and loved. Derrick is in full scout mode. The last 2 Saturdays mornings have been spent scouting. Work is going well for him. It is difficult at times, but we are so grateful that we have employment.

The kids are doing GREAT. Porter had one of his friends over yesterday, and they had a great time. I can't believe how much he is learning at school. He was the " Golden Eagle " in his class, and works really hard, and is kind to everyone.

Brooklyn's class as well as the 2nd graders put on a program this week, " We are all Americans" was awesome. Brooklyn had 3 daces that she did. She worked really hard, and got them all down, and did wonderful at the program.

Audra has had some exiting news. She was picked to have a song solo in the schools R.A.D. (race against drugs) program. This is a big deal !!!! There are only 3 solos in the whole program, and she is one of them. ( yes Mom is SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOproud) This was something she wanted to do. The music teacher said, she did an awesome job at try outs.

Derrick and I a preparing to celebrate 15 years together. It is the joy of my life being his wife and the mother to 3 of our Father in Heavens most precious children. I am truly blessed to be married to my best friend. I love him, and am so thankful for him, and for the priesthood that he holds. He is such a good example to me. He is patient , kind, hard working, outgoing, loving, forgiving( thank goodness). I could go on and on. Needless to say ,
I am So IN LOVE with DERRICK . He knows everything about me, and he still loves me. I know I can't believe it either, but I am so glad he does.

Remember that you are loved, choose to be happy. I am thankful for who you are, and what you do.

Corla

No comments:

Some of my Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones