The 5 Legg's

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Choose. ( Mom's point of view)

Not much time, but I wanted to share .
So last night I went to a church meeting, After the meeting I was felling uplifted and full of renewed expectations for myself. I along with the other 3 sisters in the stake R.S. were standing outside the chapel having a "mini presidency meeting" and saying our goodbyes to those who came our way. As we finished our "mini meeting" I headed through the chapel to the other side of the building where I had parked. As I reached the other side , I found a sister waiting for me.

She kindly put her arm around my shoulder and softly spoke. The way she spoke and approached the subject I thought for sure this was going to be another wonderful experience, and I have chosen to look at it that way.

Anyhow ,as this sweet sister puts her arm around me, and whispers into my check, she says." I just wanted to tell you, that you are nothing like what I was told you were like." You are such a pleasure to work with, and I am not sure what happened with you and sister so-and so, but I think you are great."

I thanked her, and reciprocated what a joy it is to work with her, and we said our good nights.

Here is the kicker , this has happened to me at least 4 other times. Just an interesting thing. I must say that sense that conversation I have been searching myself, and trying to think of ways that I may be a better example, and better person. I'm not beating myself up or anything, just thinking. I don't know why sister so-and- so would have had a hard time working with me, but apparently she did.
I am thinking that maybe I was having a bad day, and maybe she was to.
It has been a good reminder to me.
Never to judge someone. You never know what is going on in there lives, and you may have been the straw that broke the camels back.
I have the choice to either get upset and angry, or I can simply say to myself, " I will pray for my dear sister. Maybe she is having a hard day."

I taught a lesson many years ago in primary. One of the principals of the lesson was free agency. I think I got more out of that lesson than the kids did.I try to live by what I learned that day" No one can MAKE you angry or upset. It is your CHOICE."

So I want you to know that I choose not to be angry or upset, but I choose to try to do better.
I write this with full knowledge that others will read this, but that at some point in time my 3 wonderful blessings will also read this. So my council( yet again, Audra, Brooklyn, and Porter)
Make the choice to be happy. Make the choice to serve. Make the choice not to let someones words or deeds decide your words or deeds. Make the choice to keep your free agency. I love you all with all my heart, and want so much for you to choose to be happy.
Love, Mom

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I've been thinking about your experience and i just want you to know that i admire your ability to be Christlike. I think your great too!!!

Some of my Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones