The 5 Legg's

Monday, February 2, 2009

Wasting Away

We have had a week full of sickness here at our home. Not fun at all. I have become even more grateful for my incredible husband, my awesome kids, and my wonderful parents.

I knew I was going to be in bad shape last Sunday morning. My eyes started freaking out and my fingers going numb. So I doped up on aspirin and kept on going. Way to many things to do, and heck if I was going to let a headache stop me from going to hear the Nelson's speak, and all the wonderful food after, so with 8, yes I said 8 aspirin in my system I was able to make it until about 5:30. I had to take 2 more aspirin to make it to " It's Great to be 8" with Porter.( on a side note, Porter is way exited to turn 8, so he can be baptized, and be a scout.) I made it though the program, and to the car, and went blank.
I don't remember getting home, or anything else about that night. What I do remember , is waking up on Monday, and not being able to see, or feel my hands, and my tongue feeling like a brick. I know I ate something , Derrick got the kids ready, and my Mom took them to school. I don't recall much after that. I do know I took some of my GREAT migraine meds, and had that worm " go to sleep" feeling . Long story short, it took 2 and 1/2 days, for me to start functioning again. Thanks to my awesome husband and kids, parents, and parents in law,things went smooth, while I was in my drug induced sleep.

I must say, I have not had a migraine like that sense Porter was first born. YUCK!!

By Thursday I was feeling back to myself. I am sorry to say, that it didn't last long. By Saturday I was down again, this time with the flu. Brooklyn had had it during the week, and I am guessing that is were I got it. I am so thankful for Pepto, Prilosec, and Imodium.This flu has wiped me out. Poor Audra came down with it on Saturday night, and we spent most of the night up with her. So far Derrick, and Porter have stayed clear of it, but I guess we will just wait and see.

On the up side, Brooklyn will turn 9, this next Sunday. She has planned her parties, and is so exited.
Porter spent this weekend "building." He loves pulling everything out , and building his own cities.
He got the" Golden Eagle" award at school, and has been in 7th heaven sense he got it.
Report cards came out Friday, and all three kids did GREAT !!! I am so happy, and proud of them. They all work so hard, and do their best, and never give up.

Audra is doing O.K. She stayed home today . We are going to start the new glasses, and preparing for braces projects. The braces are going to be a long drawn out thing, but in the end, she will have straight and beautiful teeth.

Derrick was able to referee the young men's basketball games on Thursday, and had a great time. It brought back a lot of memories for him. He is working hard , at both of his jobs, and this last week had to pull more than his share of the weight here at home. I sometimes wonder why in the world he sticks around, but I am so glad that he does.

Our callings are busy, but so rewarding. We are SO thankful for the opportunities to serve. We are grateful for the chance to learn, and grow.

Remember that you are loved, and that we are thankful for all you do.

3 comments:

SILLYA said...

so sorry to hear you have the yucks! Not fun... I wish I was done with my recovery time...I'd come return all the favors you have blessed me with over the past little bit...Get well soon!

Shandy said...

YIKES CORLA!!!!
that is awful!!
so sorry to hear you've had such a bad time with the health - but glad everyone seems to be on the mend :)

JeNeale said...

You are in such fat city trouble for not letting any of us know you were so sick!! And here we were all that week enjoying the leftover chicken bowtie salad while you were going blind. So sorry I didn't know. I'll try to keep better track next time, and I'm going to make sure Derrick has my cell number!

Glad you're feeling better. :)

Some of my Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones