The 5 Legg's

Thursday, February 5, 2009

FIRE !!!!!!

We have been truly blessed with the Lords Tender Mercies this past week.
Let me just go though some of the experiences that we have had this week. Monday started well. Nothing to big, the daily joys of being a wife and Mom were in full. I was still fighting off the stomach flu, and my incredible Mom and Dad not only took and picked my kids from school, but also made us some very yummy chicken noodle soup. (1) Thankful to have such great parents. Derrick worked at Target that night. (2) So blessed that he has both of his jobs!! Later on in the evening the people who rent the trailer from us called. The furnace was not working. I made some calls, and was able to get someone to go and check it out the fallowing morning. Fortunately my in laws have some portable (new) heaters, and they lent them to our renters for the night.(3) Thankful to have such wonderful in-laws.

Tuesday, I met the furnace man over at the trailer. He looked around and was not able to find any reason why the furnace would have just shut off. He replaced some of the heating elements, and cleaned out the furnace really good, and all was well.(4) So happy we live in a place where you can call the repair man, and he /she will come.

That night I had the opportunity to go with Brooklyn and one of her friends to the Boise Mall. We had dinner, and went to Build a Bear. (5) So blessed to have our sweet Brooklyn, and so blessed she has such good friends. Derrick took Audra and Porter to 4-H. (6) So happy we have such a GREAT 4-H leader. Carla you ROCK.

Wednesday , I was able to spend most of the morning and afternoon working on R.S. stuff, at the Stake Center. (7) So blessed to work with the sisters in our Stake. I am learning so much , and I feel so honored that I have been given this opportunity.I had the feeling that morning that something may happen with the kids. I made sure that they all had my phone #, and Daddy's, work #,as well as both sets of Grandparents home and cell #'s. They held out until about 2:00 or so, then both Porter and Brooklyn were in the office with bad stomach aches.(8) So grateful to live close to family and friends that help us out so much!!

Grandma Legg came to the rescue and picked the kids up , and brought them home, while I finished my R.S. stuff.
That night Audra had New Beginnings. (9) So grateful to have good Y.W. leaders, that love my Audra. We appreciate all your work and love. Audra and Derrick had a great time at Y.W. (10) So grateful that our kids have such an AWESOME Dad.

So Thursday morning at 2:34 the phone rings, it's the renters again. This time there has been a FIRE at the trailer. They ( the renters) had been at one of their friends houses watching movies, and playing games. They had just gotten into bed, when they heard a popping sound. They got up to see what was going on, when they saw flames though there bedroom window. She ran to the other side of the trailer, and grabbed their son, while he ran out to the side of the trailer and turned on the hose. ( here is a kicker. The hose should NOT have worked. The water line is hocked up to my in-laws water line, and all the outside water had been turned off. Even if that particulate water line had somehow not been turned off, the water should have been frozen, but it wasn't!!! (11) Miracles!!!!!! They were able to get out of the trailer, and he was able to put out the fire before the fire department even got there. (12) Grateful to have a fire department , and the power company. The renters spent the rest of the night safe and sound in a hotel.(13) Grateful for hotels.

Derrick spent a few hours at the trailer with the fire crew , and power company. They were able to figure out what had happened. An animal of some kind had chewed though the wires under the trailer. The wires crossed, and started the fire. One of those weird things that would only happen to the Legg family.(14) Grateful for the few hours of sleep we did get.

Today we started the process of fixing the trailer(15) Grateful we still have a trailer to fix. Derrick met with the electrician, and within a few hours the power was back on (16) Grateful for a good electrician, that my Dad knows.We called the insurance(17) Grateful we have insurance, and they sent an adjuster out to check it out.

(18) Grateful for Musettes!! Today I REALLY needed the power of song. I walked into practice tiered and worried, and walked out still tiered , but laughing, and feeling good about life. THANK YOU LADIES !!! I went over and checked out the damage to the trailer after practice. Scary, but it could have been so much worse. It is fixable, we will have to get new insulation, new skirting to go around the brunt area, and we will have to fix the fence. The siding will need a good wash, to get the smoke off, and we will have to paint a few spots in the inside with a special paint. (19) I know it is crazy, but we are so blessed to be able to have the things that we will need to fix the trailer in stores, that are not to far from our home.

I had a nice long talk with the renters, and they are feeling So blessed. This was and is really scary. When trailers catch fire they can go up in flames in a mater of minutes. (20) Like I said, the Lords tender mercies have been VERY apparent in our lives this week.

So, Brooklyn and Porter are feeling better, we are looking forward to a good nights sleep, and cannot thank our Father in Heaven enough for looking out for us, and our renters.

I just can not come up with words to express our gratitude. There is nothing I can say, that would describe the feeling that we have. Kiss your kids everyday. Make sure your better half, knows you love them, SERVE, and LOVE .

Thank you all for all that you do. Your are loved, and this world would not be the same without you.

P.S. Derrick took some picture of the trailer , I will post them tomorrow.

4 comments:

Heather Leigh said...

Wow! I'm so grateful that nothing more serious happened!! Derrick emailed Brian and said that the heater had stopped but we didn't know the rest of the story! I'm sorry you've been sick! I've been sick for two weeks (in bed for the first week). I hate being sick! Brian finally gave me a blessing and the next day I started coming out of it (so grateful for the priesthood!). I'm on the mend and think it's funny how being sick makes you grateful for your health, just being able to breath without pain is so fabulous! Love and miss you all.

Shandy said...

girl! that is scary!!! real scary!
and yet with all of that, you still were able to see TWENTY of the Lords tender mercies and miracles! you guys are such a wonderful example!

So Calif Newbs said...

So glad all ended okay and no one was hurt.

Marisa said...

Wow -- you have an eventful life!! I'm a little weary just thinking about all you've been through. I'm so glad that everyone is ok and I hope you're feeling better.

Oh, and Happy Birthday to Brooklyn!

Some of my Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones