The 5 Legg's

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hi from The 5 Leggs


I can not believe that our summer has come to an end. Audra and Brooklyn started school yesterday ( 19th) and Porter started today (20th). I can't believe that all 3 of the kids are in school all day.
Audra has grown up so much. I was worried about the transition from 6th to 7th grade. I thought she might have a hard time. Boy was I wrong. I went to walk her to class, and she saw a group of girls from her class talking a little ways from us, she looked at me and said" I'm good, I 'll see ya later. " Then she ran off and joined in the conversation with the girls. I was left there to wonder what the heck just happened. I am happy to see her grow ( Sad, but happy.)

Brooklyn had a hard time. She is in a new school, with new people and a new teacher. I stayed with her for an hour , and even after that she cried when I left. I just wanted to take her home, but I was good and left her there. Her teacher said it took her just a few minutes and a few hugs to get her comfortable. She said her new school was a lot different , but that she liked it.

Porter started first grade today. He is still at Birch, but we are hoping that he will make it into Visions soon. ( He is #1 on the waiting list.) He was exited to meet his new teacher, and to see some of his friends. He wanted cold lunch , like his sisters, ( they don't have hot lunch at Visions) and he wanted to wear a uniform , like his sisters. What a great kid !!

Derrick and I are busy as always. Derrick is hard at work at his jobs, and at church. We feel so blessed to be able to serve . I have singed up to sub at a few of the local elementary schools,as well as at Visions. I am sure I will find ways to keep busy.

We love you all, and are so thank full for all that you do for us, and for others.

5 comments:

So Calif Newbs said...

Good job - I know have six of these to look at.

Love Ya!

JeNeale said...

Fun to have you joining us in blogworld. Could you bump up the font size a bit, though? :) Love you all!

hecklerwife said...

Good to see you blogging!

Susie

Laurie Nelson said...

Thanks for bumping up the size. I can read it so much better. It will be fun to keep up with things in your life as you blog. Way to go!

JeNeale said...

Can't believe the kids are growing up so much. Hope the girls have fun at Visions and Porter gets it soon. I tried to get Jensen in but couldn't. Can you put in a good word for me? ;)

Some of my Favorites


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones